Made This Recipe? Add Your Photo
Prep 10 mins
Cook 20 mins
quick & easy, 30 min dinner! A rich, hearty pasta dish, easy to omit or add ingredients depending on whats on hand.
- 1 lb frozen cheese tortellini
- 1 (18 ounce) package frozen spinach
- 4 ounces mixed mushrooms, sliced
- 6 chicken breast tenders, chopped into 1-inch pieces (about two cups raw)
- 3⁄4 cup half-and-half
- 2 cups chicken broth or 2 cups stock
- 1 cup sliced shallot
- 8 large garlic cloves, sliced fairly thick
- 1⁄4 cup parmesan cheese, shredded
- 1⁄2 cup romano cheese, shredded
- 2 tablespoons butter
- black pepper
- 1 handful fresh parsley, chopped
- 2 tablespoons flour
- cook tortellini al dente, according to package directions while preparing the rest of ingredients. Do not overcook them!
- saute shallots and garlic in butter about 5-6 minutes.
- add chicken pieces and fry for 3-5 minutes, until outside is cooked.
- pour in 1 cup of chicken broth and add frozen spinach, reduce heat and cook till spinach thaws.
- add sliced mushrooms, bring to a simmer.
- add 1/2 & 1/2 with the Parmesan cheese & season with lots of black pepper.
- let simmer a few minutes.
- stir flour into remaining chicken broth and add to mixture, stir til thick.
- stir in Romano and parsley, reduce heat to keep warm.
- toss with the tortellini.
- If sauce is too thick, you can add more 1/2 &1/2 or more chicken stock, depending on your taste.
- Omit the chicken for a vegetarian meal.