Recipe by quikgourmet
Adadpted from a Buitoni recipe, this tortellini is a nice change with its nutty brown butter sauce. Quick and easy to prepare!
Top Review by Katanashrp
A gourmet tasting recipe with minimum effort. I used chicken tortellini for a one pot meal that not only was very satisfying but also let me use up all of the sage I purchased for holiday cooking. Thank you.
- 20 ounces refrigerated cheese tortellini
- 1⁄2 cup unsalted butter
- 3 tablespoons chopped fresh sage leaves (or 3/4 t. dried ground sage OR 3 t. dried crumbled sage)
- 3⁄4 cup sun-dried tomato packed in oil, drained and chopped (optional, to give flavor a boost)
- 1⁄4 teaspoon salt
- 1⁄8 teaspoon ground black pepper
- 3⁄4 cup freshly grated parmesan cheese
Directions See How It's Made
- If possible, use fresh sage and freshly grated Parmesan to heighten the flavor of this dish. Makes a huge difference!
- Cook cheese tortellini according to package instructions; drain. (You can start on the sauce while the tortellini is cooking).
- Heat butter over medium heat in a large skillet. Add sage and slowly cook butter until it begins to brown. (It's okay if the sage darkens and gets crunchy).
- Remove from heat; add the hot tortellini. Stir to coat; add parmesan cheese, salt and pepper and toss. (If you choose to add sun-dried tomatoes, add them in with the cheese, salt, and pepper before tossing.).