1/1 Photo of Tortellini With Brown Butter and Sage Sauce
Adadpted from a Buitoni recipe, this tortellini is a nice change with its nutty brown butter sauce. Quick and easy to prepare!
My Private Note
Units: US | Metric
- 20 ounces refrigerated cheese tortellini
- 1/2 cup unsalted butter
- 3 tablespoons chopped fresh sage leaves (or 3/4 t. dried ground sage OR 3 t. dried crumbled sage)
- 3/4 cup sun-dried tomato packed in oil, drained and chopped (optional, to give flavor a boost)
- 1/4 teaspoon salt
- 1/8 teaspoon ground black pepper
- 3/4 cup freshly grated parmesan cheese
- 1If possible, use fresh sage and freshly grated Parmesan to heighten the flavor of this dish. Makes a huge difference!
- 2Cook cheese tortellini according to package instructions; drain. (You can start on the sauce while the tortellini is cooking).
- 3Heat butter over medium heat in a large skillet. Add sage and slowly cook butter until it begins to brown. (It's okay if the sage darkens and gets crunchy).
- 4Remove from heat; add the hot tortellini. Stir to coat; add parmesan cheese, salt and pepper and toss. (If you choose to add sun-dried tomatoes, add them in with the cheese, salt, and pepper before tossing.).
Browse Our Top Ravioli/Tortellini Recipes
You Might Also Like...View All Ravioli/Tortellini Recipes
Nutritional Facts for Tortellini With Brown Butter and Sage Sauce
Serving Size: 1 (68 g)
Servings Per Recipe: 4
- Amount Per Serving
- % Daily Value
- Calories 328.3
- Calories from Fat 281
- Total Fat 31.2 g
- Saturated Fat 18.2 g
- Cholesterol 77.5 mg
- Sodium 490.0 mg
- Total Carbohydrate 5.6 g
- Dietary Fiber 1.2 g
- Sugars 0.1 g
- Protein 8.5 g
The following items or measurements are not included:
refrigerated cheese tortellini
fresh sage leaves