Recipe by Cook4_6
A friend gave me this recipe after she went on and on about how fabulous and easy it is. I have not tried it, but based on her comments, I think it will be good!
Top Review by Triplit Mom
I didn't have bouillon cubes so I used chicken stock and had to add some salt and garlic salt. Because of using chicken stock instead of a dry little cube, I ended up with a very fluid sauce, but it still tasted very good. Everyone who ate it loved it. My triplets were to picky to try it.
- 566.99 g cheese tortellini, cooked
- 28.39 ml fresh parsley, chopped for topping
- 28.39 ml parmesan cheese, Freshly-grated for topping
- 59.14 ml olive oil
- 2 large garlic cloves, minced
- 473.18 ml plum tomatoes, peeled crushed drained (canned)
- 1 chicken bouillon cube, mashed
- 19.71 ml dried basil
- 9.85 ml chopped fresh parsley
- 1.23 ml fresh ground black pepper
- 473.18 ml heavy cream
- 59.16 ml parmesan cheese, freshly-grated
Directions See How It's Made
- Prepare tortellini as directed on package.
- Chop tomatoes in chunky pieces.
- Blend bouillon with basil, parsley and pepper into the tomatoes.
- Saute the garlic in olive oil until just white.
- Add to the sauce and bring just to a simmer.
- When sauce is hot, add the cream to a non-aluminum skillet and bring to a slow boil and add the hot tomato sauce and cheese.
- Stir well and blend the tortellini into the pan of tomato basil cream sauce.
- Serve, topped with parsley and cheese.