Recipe by Cook4_6
A friend gave me this recipe after she went on and on about how fabulous and easy it is. I have not tried it, but based on her comments, I think it will be good!
Top Review by Triplit Mom
I didn't have bouillon cubes so I used chicken stock and had to add some salt and garlic salt. Because of using chicken stock instead of a dry little cube, I ended up with a very fluid sauce, but it still tasted very good. Everyone who ate it loved it. My triplets were to picky to try it.
- 1 1⁄4 lbs cheese tortellini, cooked
- 1⁄8 cup fresh parsley, chopped for topping
- 1⁄8 cup parmesan cheese, Freshly-grated for topping
- 1⁄4 cup olive oil
- 2 large garlic cloves, minced
- 2 cups plum tomatoes, peeled crushed drained (canned)
- 1 chicken bouillon cube, mashed
- 4 teaspoons dried basil
- 2 teaspoons chopped fresh parsley
- 1⁄4 teaspoon fresh ground black pepper
- 2 cups heavy cream
- 4 tablespoons parmesan cheese, freshly-grated
Directions See How It's Made
- Prepare tortellini as directed on package.
- Chop tomatoes in chunky pieces.
- Blend bouillon with basil, parsley and pepper into the tomatoes.
- Saute the garlic in olive oil until just white.
- Add to the sauce and bring just to a simmer.
- When sauce is hot, add the cream to a non-aluminum skillet and bring to a slow boil and add the hot tomato sauce and cheese.
- Stir well and blend the tortellini into the pan of tomato basil cream sauce.
- Serve, topped with parsley and cheese.