Prep 10 mins
Cook 7 mins
This is one of my meals...when I've worked late...and I want to get dinner on the table in 10 LOL
- 1 tablespoon olive oil
- 2 chopped garlic cloves
- 1⁄2 cup white wine (optional but good!)
- 3 (15 1/2 ounce) cans fat free chicken broth
- 16 ounces fresh cheese tortellini
- 1 (28 ounce) can chopped tomatoes (I use the Italian kind)
- 1 (6 ounce) bagfresh Baby Spinach
- 2 teaspoons italian seasoning
- 2 teaspoons chopped fresh parsley
- 1 tablespoon butter (optional)
- shaved parmesan cheese (to garnish)
- Heat olive oil in dutch oven over med high heat.
- Cook garlic for 30 seconds, stirring constantly.
- Stir in wine, broth and Italian Seasoning.
- Bring to a boil.
- Add tortellini and cook for 4 minutes.
- Stir in tomato and spinach and cook for 2 minutes (just until spinach is wilted).
- Add butter and Parsley.
- This needs to be served immediately -- the tortellini soaks up the broth and gets mushy.
- Garnish with cheese -- and serve with crusty bread!
Easy and delicious! Would work wonderfully with beef or vegetable stock as well. I used the white wine and added crushed red pepper. Thanks for posting!
Delicious. It's tasty and quick and easy and pretty low-fat, too! A great lunch or light supper. I did use the optional white wine. Thanx for sharing; I'' make this again.