Prep 5 mins
Cook 20 mins
This is from the July/August 2009 Vegetarian Times, a reader recipe shared by Deb Barley of Elizabethtown, PA. Posting here for safekeeping!
- 1 (16 ounce) packagefrozen tortellini
- 2 tablespoons olive oil
- 4 green onions (1/2 c)
- 2 garlic cloves, minced
- 2 carrots, chopped (1 c)
- 5 button mushrooms, sliced (1 c)
- 7 ounces Baby Spinach
- 1⁄4 cup white wine
- 1 pint grape tomatoes
- 1 (15 ounce) can cannellini beans, rinsed and drained
- 1⁄4 teaspoon italian seasoning
- 1⁄4 cup pecorino romano cheese, grated
- Cook tortellini according to package directions.
- Heat oil in a large saucepan over medium heat. Add green onions and garlic; saute 2 minutes.
- Add carrots and mushrooms and cook 3 minutes more.
- Stir in spinach and wine and cook 2-3 minutes or until spinach wilts.
- Stir in tomatoes, beans, and Italian seasoning. Cook 3-4 minutes or until heated through.
- Fold in tortellini and serve with grated cheese on top.
This is very yummy and filling. I loved all of the vegetables. I made just one change - used chopped portabella mushroom instead of button mushrooms, as that is what I had on hand. Thanks for sharing! PAC Fall 09