Recipe by punkyluv
from lowcarbfriends.com Update: 4-02-09: this is a really quick soup to make, and so tasty!:) i left out the carrots and added garlic to the onion....lots of garlic.... i doubled the batch and took some to "punky's mum" so we will have to see how she liked it :) I think next time I might add some mushrooms.
Top Review by pahealthymom
MMMMMMMM...this was so good! Very simple to prepare, wonderful flavor, request from whole family to make again, I am definately more than happy with this one. I did sub veggie broth for the chicken since that is what I had on hand, and I added garlic just cause I love it.;0) The lemon juice is the kicker. It adds a wonderful little something extra to this. Thank you so much for sharing, definately a keeper.
- 1 tablespoon olive oil
- 3 carrots (cut into 1/4-inch slices)
- 2 celery ribs (cut into 1/4-inch slices)
- 1 onion (coarsely chopped ( about 1 cup)
- 1⁄2 teaspoon salt
- 1⁄4 teaspoon pepper
- 3 (14 1/2 ounce) cansff low sodium chicken broth
- 1 lb frozen cheese tortellini
- 4 ounces Baby Spinach (about 3 cups)
- 1 tablespoon lemon juice
Directions See How It's Made
- In large pot, heat oil over medium heat. Add carrots, celery, onion, salt & pepper. Cook, stirring until softened, about 5 minutes.
- Add broth; bring to boil. Add tortellini; cook until tendr according to package. Stir in spinach and lemon juice.
- For a heartier soup, add shredded cooked chicken but don't forget to add the points when calculating.
- Servings: 6.Calories: 216.Protein: 20 g.Fat: 5 g (1 g saturated).Chol: 12 mg.Carbs: 31 g.Sodium: 960 mg.Fiber: 5 g.Sugar: 4 g.
- POINTS: 4 per serving.