Recipe by ksduffster
From BHG.com. The original recipe suggests using the broccoli-cauliflower-carrot mixed vegetables. I couldn't find that mix so I used 1 cup of a broccoli-cauliflower mix and 1 cup of a carrots-corn-peas-lima bean-green bean mix. If you are using a shelf-stable tortellini (like Barilla) add an extra cup of liquid, either chicken broth or water. If you are using refrigerated or frozen tortellini, the amounts below should be satisfactory but use more if you like.
Top Review by for the love of veggies
I love how easy this soup is to make. We all loved it, and I'll definitely make it again, especially when time is an issue, but I want to make filling, hot meal. I used 9 oz refrigerated tortellini, 2.5 cups frozen broccoli, cauliflaur, carrot mix and two 14.5 oz cans reduced-sodium chicken broth. This would be good with almost any vegetable combination. Next time I'll add some fresh garlic. I served this with store-bought crusty olive oil and rosemary baked bread. The whole meal was fabulous!
- 1⁄4 cup water
- 1 (14 1/2 ounce) can diced tomatoes, undrained
- 2 cups reduced-sodium chicken broth
- 1⁄2 teaspoon dried basil, crushed
- 1⁄4 teaspoon dried oregano, crushed
- 1⁄8 teaspoon pepper
- 2 cups frozen mixed vegetables
- 1 1⁄4 cups cheese tortellini
- 1 tablespoon fresh parsley, minced
Directions See How It's Made
- In a medium saucepan, combine the water, undrained tomatoes, chicken broth, basil, oregano and pepper. Bring to boiling.
- Stir in frozen vegetables and tortellini.
- Return to boiling; reduce heat. Simmer, uncovered, for 5 to 6 minutes or until tortellini are tender.
- Stir in parsley.