1/2 Photos of Tortellini Vegetable Soup
A good comfort soup, especially on a chilly or snowy night... It's like a 'warm your soul' soup.
My Private Note
Units: US | Metric
- 1/2 large onion, coarsely chopped
- 1 clove garlic, minced (2tsp)
- 1/2 tablespoon olive oil
- 1 (21 3/4 ounce) can beef broth
- 7 1/4 ounces cans stewed tomatoes
- 1/4 cup picante sauce or 1/4 cup salsa
- 1/2 teaspoon dried basil, crushed
- 4 1/2 ounces cheese-filled egg tortellini
- 1/2 green bell pepper, diced
- 1/4 cup freshly grated parmesan cheese
- 1In a large saucepan or Dutch oven, cook onion and garlic in olive oil until tender, about 6 minutes.
- 2Add broth, tomatoes, picante sauce and basil; bring to a boil.
- 3Stir in tortellini; simmer uncovered 15 minutes.
- 4Stir in bell pepper; continue to simmer 3 to 4 minutes or until tortellini is tender.
- 5Ladle into soup bowls; sprinkle with cheese.
Browse Our Top Clear Soup Recipes
Nutritional Facts for Tortellini Vegetable Soup
Serving Size: 1 (399 g)
Servings Per Recipe: 3
- Amount Per Serving
- % Daily Value
- Calories 257.0
- Calories from Fat 85
- Total Fat 9.4 g
- Saturated Fat 2.9 g
- Cholesterol 25.5 mg
- Sodium 2130.7 mg
- Total Carbohydrate 30.1 g
- Dietary Fiber 2.6 g
- Sugars 5.9 g
- Protein 15.0 g