Prep 15 mins
Cook 15 mins
If you serve with hot bread sticks and wine youve got a great meal in under 30 minutes!
- 1 (15 ounce) bag cheese tortellini
- 2 tablespoons olive oil
- 1 large onion, chopped
- 1 teaspoon Italian herb seasoning
- 2 cloves garlic, minced
- 2 tablespoons cornstarch
- 2 cups milk
- 1⁄2 cup grated parmesan cheese
- 1 (10 ounce) box frozen chopped spinach, thawed,drained,and squeezed
- 1 (16 ounce) can cannellini beans, rinsed and drained
- 2 large tomatoes, chopped
- Bring a large pot of lightly salted water to a boil and add tortellini.
- Meanwhile in a large skillet heat the oil over medium heat.
- Add the onion and Italian seasoning mix, cooking for 6 minutes, stirring occasionally.
- Add the garlic and cook for 1 minute more.
- In a medium bowl whisk together the cornstarch and milk.
- Whisk into pan with onions and cook until thickened, around 8 minutes.
- Stir in the parmesan cheese, spinach, beans and 1/2 the tomatoes.
- Cook for 4 minutes.
- Drain tortellini and place in a serving bowl.
- Pour sauce on tortellini and top with remaining tomatoes.
Very bland and the beans were hard, I followed the recipe to a T. Not sure I would make again.
This is basically an alfredo sauce with lots of spinach...I loved it! Because of the last poster's comments, I increased the Italian seasoning and garlic, and I made sure my canned beans were soft enough before I added them to the sauce. I added a little bit of fresh-grated parmesan to the top, and it was delicious. Thanks for sharing the recipe!