Prep 15 mins
Cook 10 mins
Here's a quick dinner idea for nights when time is short. Delicious, colorful, and on the table in 30 minutes.
- 1 tablespoon olive oil
- 1 medium onion, Chopped
- 2 medium zucchini, Chopped
- 2 medium yellow squash, Chopped
- 1 medium red bell pepper, chopped
- 2 cups mushrooms, sliced
- 2 garlic cloves, minced
- salt and pepper, To Taste
- 1⁄4 teaspoon dried oregano
- 1 lb cheese tortellini, cooked
- 1⁄4 cup parmesan cheese, grated
- Heat olive oil in a large skillet over high heat.
- Add onion, zucchini, yellow squash, bell pepper, mushrooms, garlic, oregano, salt & pepper.
- Cook and stir 7 minutes or until vegetables are crisp-tender.
- Toss with tortellini and parmesan cheese.
Quick & delicious! I added 1 pound of lean italian sausage and omitted the yellow squash as I didn't have it on hand. There was plenty of flavor & lots of veggies which pleased my family. I will make this again when looking for a fast meal. Made in memory of Janice.
This was really easy to do and that gets point alone. Then, my husband actually ate most of the zucchini in his serving rather than picking it out so that is another plus. I can never really get yellow squash here in the UK so I put in a yellow sweet pepper to make up for the colour. The dish is a nice way to get a quick vegetarian dish into your family without it looking or tasting 'vegetarian'. Made for PAC Spring 2008.
It was good but not "wow". Worked for a quick easy meal to make though a shortcut could be to buy pre-chopped veggies. It'd be great to add a bit more flavor to it...maybe sharp cheddar, chili pepper, or something. I let the veggies cook closer to 10 min because I like them softer. Made lots and lots so there's some for tomorrow! ;) Thanks for sharing!