Prep 10 mins
Cook 20 mins
Really healthy soup, good to use when there's no time to spend in the kitchen!
- 14.79 ml olive oil
- 118.29 ml minced onion (about 1/2 small onion)
- 1 garlic clove, minced
- 946.36-1419.54 ml chicken broth or 946.36-1419.54 ml vegetable broth
- 396.89 g can whole tomatoes, coarsely chopped
- 255.14 g packagefresh tortellini or 255.14 g packagedried tortellini
- kosher salt
- cracked black pepper
- 283.49 g fresh spinach or 283.49 g frozen spinach, defrosted and chopped
- 59.14 ml freshly grated parmesan cheese (optional)
- In a soup pot, heat olive oil over medium high heat.
- Saute the onion and garlic, stirring often until onions are translucent, about 5 to 7 minutes.
- Add broth and tomatoes, turn heat up to high, and bring to a boil.
- Add the tortellini and cook according to package instructions.
- When tortellini is almost done, add spinach and taste, adjusting seasonings with salt and pepper.
- Serve immediately.
- Garnish each serving with a sprinkling of Parmesan.
This was delicious, and I felt like I was doing something nice for myself eating it! Very healthy and simple. I used beef tortellinis, because my family likes them, and I had a can of stewed tomatoes. I also added a little pinch of basil and oregano. I would hold off on the cheese until you taste the soup. I like it better without. That is a matter of personal preferrence.
Loved this soup...I used cheese tortellini and also sprinkled with mozza in addition to parmesan. Very quick and easy... Thanks Catherine
Great soup! I added fresh basil leaves and also another can of diced tomatoes. Fantastic!