Prep 5 mins
Cook 10 mins
Another scrap of paper found in my "when I get 'round to it" box. Torn from the June 2006 issue of BHG magazine. When searching Zaar, I found lots of tortellini & tomato soup recipes but none that included cream cheese.
- 2 (14 ounce) cans reduced-sodium chicken broth
- 1 (9 ounce) packagerefrigerated cheese tortellini (or spinach or ??)
- 4 ounces chive & onion cream cheese (1/2 of an 8oz. tub)
- 1 (11 ounce) can condensed tomato soup or 1 (11 ounce) can tomato bisque soup
- snipped fresh chives (to garnish)
- In a medium saucepan, bring broth to a boil & add the tortellini.
- Reduce heat and simmer, uncovered, for 5 minutes.
- In a bowl, whisk 1/3 cup of the hot broth into the cream cheese spread.
- When smooth, return to the saucepan along with tomato soup; heat through.
- Sprinkle with chives before serving.
Very tasty and simple to make! It is especially nice on a cold day when you are in a hurry for some comfort food.
Very nice tortellini soup! I used cheese & spinach tortellini and really enjoyed it. It did need some serious pepper for our tastes, as well as some chilli flakes - lovely weeknight dinner with garlic bread, thanks for posting!
Very rich and filling. I used an 8.5 oz. bag of Barilla brand ricotta and spinach tortelloni.