Prep 5 mins
Cook 12 mins
Fast, easy, and filling. This soup is always a crowd pleaser.
- 9 ounces fresh tortellini, in the deli meat section of the grocery store, many flavors to choose from
- 32 ounces chicken broth
- 6 ounces spinach, I use bagged spinach
- 1 tablespoon olive oil
- 1 medium onion, chopped
- 2 garlic cloves, chopped
- 1 tablespoon black pepper, season to taste
- 1 cup fresh parmesan cheese, shredded
- In a large pot heat olive oil. Add onion and garlic and saute until soft; about two minutes. Add chicken broth and bring to a boil. Reduce heat.
- Add tortellini and cook according to package. About 7-8 minutes.
- Rinse spinach and add entire bag to soup. Simmer 2-3 minutes or until spinach is wilted.
- Add black pepper to taste.
- Serve into bowls and top with 1/4 of parmesan per bowl.
This soup is so simple in the ingredients but OMG the taste is fantastic. I used sausage tortellini. It's great with the parmesan on top. But it's also yummy without it. Thanks EagleRocker :) Made for Bargain Basement tag game