Recipe by Lisa in Acworth, GA
This is a delicious, very easy soup - perfect for a weeknight meal with some good bread. You can use chicken tortellini or cheese tortellini. I used Baby Portabello mushrooms and they are great but any mushrooms will work. This recipe is adapted from "Cooking Pleasures" magazine.
Top Review by Princess Pea
This is amazingly delicious for how quickly it comes together. I found that for the parmesan cheese, freshly grated is the way to go. Thanks for posting this - I will use it often!
- 1⁄4 cup olive oil
- 8 ounces assorted mushrooms, sliced
- 3 large garlic cloves, minced
- 1 (32 ounce) carton reduced-sodium chicken broth
- 1 (14 1/2 ounce) candiced tomatoes with basil, garlic and oregano
- 2 (9 ounce) packagesof refrigerated tortellini
- 1⁄3 cup julienned fresh basil
- 1⁄4 teaspoon pepper
- 1⁄4 cup grated parmesan cheese
Directions See How It's Made
- Heat oil in large pot over medium heat until hot. Cook mushrooms and garlic until mushrooms are softened (3-4 minutes). Stir in broth and tomatoes and bring to a boil.
- Add tortellini and simmer 9-10 minutes until tortellini are tender.
- Stir in basil and pepper and simmer 1 minute. Serve sprinkled with cheese.