Prep 5 mins
Cook 15 mins
This is a delicious, very easy soup - perfect for a weeknight meal with some good bread. You can use chicken tortellini or cheese tortellini. I used Baby Portabello mushrooms and they are great but any mushrooms will work. This recipe is adapted from "Cooking Pleasures" magazine.
- 1⁄4 cup olive oil
- 8 ounces assorted mushrooms, sliced
- 3 large garlic cloves, minced
- 1 (32 ounce) carton reduced-sodium chicken broth
- 1 (14 1/2 ounce) candiced tomatoes with basil, garlic and oregano
- 2 (9 ounce) packagesof refrigerated tortellini
- 1⁄3 cup julienned fresh basil
- 1⁄4 teaspoon pepper
- 1⁄4 cup grated parmesan cheese
- Heat oil in large pot over medium heat until hot. Cook mushrooms and garlic until mushrooms are softened (3-4 minutes). Stir in broth and tomatoes and bring to a boil.
- Add tortellini and simmer 9-10 minutes until tortellini are tender.
- Stir in basil and pepper and simmer 1 minute. Serve sprinkled with cheese.
This is amazingly delicious for how quickly it comes together. I found that for the parmesan cheese, freshly grated is the way to go. Thanks for posting this - I will use it often!