Prep 10 mins
Cook 20 mins
Hearty and healthy soup that's quick to put together. I used the chicken/prosciutto tortellini but you can use whatever tortellini is your favorite. Serve with garlic bread and you've got a filling lunch or dinner in minutes!
- 3 tablespoons olive oil
- 1⁄2 cup onion, minced
- 1⁄2 cup celery, minced
- 1 (32 ounce) box chicken broth
- 1 (9 ounce) packagerefrigerated tortellini
- 1 (15 ounce) can cannellini beans, rinsed and drained
- 1 (15 ounce) can diced tomatoes, drained
- 1⁄2 tablespoon dried basil
- 2 tablespoons balsamic vinegar
- 1⁄2 teaspoon salt
- 1⁄4 teaspoon pepper
- Saute onions and celery in olive oil until clear.
- Add chicken broth and bring to boil.
- Add tortellini and cook for 8-9 minutes.
- Add seasonings, beans and tomatoes and simmer for 5 minutes.
- Serve topped with Parmesan Cheese.
Yum, we loved this soup! I didn't have cannellini beans so used the Great Northern I had on hand and this came together so quick and easily. I used a 3 cheese tortellini so skipped the extra parmesan on top ~ I made a loaf of Recipe#265650 and we had a delicious and filling meal for dinner. Thanks for sharing your recipe I'm sure we'll enjoy again :)