Prep 20 mins
Cook 20 mins
This is a great use for those fresh pasta packages in the cooler of the store. It's a good time to start making soups too. Just make the soup base ahead of time and drop in the pasta when ready.
- 1 lb hot Italian sausage, casings removed
- 1 small onion, chopped
- 1 cup celery, chopped
- 1 cup carrot, finely diced
- 1 teaspoon garlic salt
- 1 teaspoon black pepper
- 2 garlic cloves, minced
- 5 cups beef broth
- 1 cup red wine
- 2 cups tomatoes, diced
- 1 teaspoon dried basil
- 1⁄2 teaspoon dried oregano
- 1 (8 ounce) can tomato sauce
- 2 cups zucchini, diced
- 8 ounces fresh cheese tortellini
- 1⁄2 cup parmesan cheese, grated
- fresh parmesan cheese, shredded
- fresh basil, chopped
- In a large pan cook sausage with onions, carrot and celery until sausage is browned. Season with garlic salt and black pepper. Add garlic and zucchini and cook for another few minutes.
- Stir in beef broth, wine, tomatoes, basil, oregano and tomato sauce. Bring to a boil. Reduce heat; simmer uncovered for few minutes. Add tortellini and cook for a few minutes. Add grated Parmesan cheese to soup. Season with salt and pepper to taste. If too thick add more broth. Garnish with shredded Parmesan cheese and basil before serving.
Wonderful soup - only sub I made was to use white wine as I had no red !! So easy to do and a great way to use up a few tired vegies !! Made and enjoyed for Holiday Tag.
Yummers! This soup was a big hit at my house too. I had a couple of repairmen here and I gave them some too because they kept talking about how good it smelled, lol. Thanks Jess for sharing a great hearty soup. Made for 1-2-3 Tag.
This soup was a big hit at my house! The whole family loved it! Even "picky" hubby. Daughter asked for the recipe to make it at her house. I didn't use the wine, as for I didn't have any. Will definately make this soup again and again!