Prep 10 mins
Cook 20 mins
Simple and delicious.
- 1 large celery, chopped
- 1 large carrot, chopped
- 1⁄4 cup onion, finely chopped
- 1⁄2 teaspoon garlic, minced
- 1 -2 tablespoon olive oil
- 6 cups water
- 3 chicken bouillon cubes
- 1 (750 g) package tortellini
- 1 tablespoon fresh parsley, chopped
- 1⁄4 teaspoon nutmeg
- 1⁄4 teaspoon pepper
- parmesan cheese, to taste
- In a large pot on medium-high heat, sauté vegetables and garlic in oil.
- Once the onion starts to soften, add the water and bouillon.
- Bring the soup to a boil, then add the pasta.
- Simmer on medium-low heat 15-20 minutes, or until pasta is tender.
- Remove from heat and add parsley, nutmeg and pepper.
- Serve with freshly grated parmesan cheese.
Your description is right on! So simple, yet so delicious. The only thing I changed was no nutmeg (doesn't agree with the tummy) but it was a very good soup. Thanks for posting. Made of PAC Fall 2009.
Delicious. I didn't have tortellini, but used ravioli instead, and warmed our tummies:)