Recipe by ourhansen8
Delicious combination of pasta, beans and basil. Makes fantastic leftovers.
Top Review by tgrace_831
It was good. I used Great northern Beans because I didn't know what Garbonzo Beans were. (quick trip to the store instead of researching first!) However I guessed on the garlic amount because it was not listed, and added too much. I used dried Tortellini and think that fresh would be better as well as fresh basil instead of dried. Trial and error... I will make it again. Thank you for sharring.
- 9 ounces tortellini (fresh or dried)
- 15 ounces beans (garbanzo is my favorite)
- 1 tablespoon butter
- 1 stalk celery, chopped (1/2 c)
- 1 medium onion, chopped (1/2 c)
- 6 cups chicken broth
- 1 tablespoon dried basil or 2 tablespoons fresh basil
- 1⁄4 teaspoon pepper
- grated parmesan cheese
Directions See How It's Made
- Saute celery, onions and garlic in the butter until softened (2-3 minutes)on medium high. Reduce to medium.
- Add broth, beans and pasta. If the pasta is dried, cook until tender.
- Add remaining ingredients except the parmesan. Pass the parmesan at the table as a garnish.