Recipe by s'kat
Whip this one up on a weeknight for a fast, easy, and delicous soup!
Top Review by Rachael
This soup was really good my husband loved it. I made it for my grandmother and aunt after a long day of shopping and they thought it was wonderful. very very easy to make. Served it with salad and french bread. yum yum!!
- 1 package fresh, frozen tortellini or 1 package fresh, frozen tortellini
- 1 can diced tomato (or peeled, diced fresh)
- 2 cans chicken broth (or equivalent bouillon cube)
- 2 cups fresh spinach, chopped (or slightly less frozen)
- 1 stalk celery, finely chopped
- 2 medium carrots, chopped
- 1 bay leaf
- 2 tablespoons fresh basil
- 1 teaspoon fresh parsley
- 2 tablespoons fresh oregano
- 2 teaspoons crushed, chopped garlic
- 1 medium onion, chopped
- 1 teaspoon freshly ground black pepper
- 2 teaspoons good quality olive oil
- 1 cup water
Directions See How It's Made
- Saute celery, onion, carrots and garlic in oil.
- Add spinach and tomatoes and simmer 10 minutes.
- Add spices and chicken broth.
- Simmer, covered, until vegetables are tender-crisp.
- Add water and tortellini and simmer 10- 15 minutes.
- Remove bay leaf and serve.