Recipe by happynana
Nice fast meal to fix for dinner. It is from a Taste of Homes magazine. I did use frozen tortellini, left out the green pepper (DH does not like them) and use half-half cream.
- 9 ounces refrigerated cheese tortellini or 9 ounces spinach tortellini
- 1 teaspoon olive oil
- 1⁄4 teaspoon salt
- 1⁄4 teaspoon white pepper
- 1⁄8 teaspoon garlic powder
- 1 dash ground nutmeg
- 4 ounces bulk Italian sausage
- 1⁄2 cup chopped onion
- 1⁄4 cup chopped green pepper
- 1⁄4 cup chopped fresh mushrooms
- 2 tablespoons flour
- 1 1⁄4 cups milk
- 1⁄4 cup parmesan cheese
- 1⁄8 teaspoon Worcestershire sauce
Directions See How It's Made
- In a large saucepan, bring 2 quarts of water to a boil. Add tortellini, oil and salt, pepper, garlic powder and nutmeg. Cook according to package directions.
- Meanwhile, in large skillet, cook sausage, onion, green pepper and mushrooms over medium heat until meat is no longer pink.
- Stir in flour until blended.
- Gradually add milk. Bring to boil.
- Cook and stir for 2 minutes, until thickened.
- Drain tortellini and add to sausage mixture.
- Stir in parmesan cheese and worcestershire sauce.