Prep 20 mins
Cook 0 mins
Found this recipe at wholefoodmarket.com. Makes a wonderful packed lunch or main dish salad. For fresh herbs, I used all basil.
- 6 tablespoons lemon juice, freshly squeezed
- 1⁄2 cup olive oil
- salt and freshly ground pepper
- 3⁄4 lb shrimp, cooked, peeled and halved
- 1 (22 ounce) package cheese tortellini or 1 (22 ounce) packageother stuffed pasta, cooked according to package directions, rinsed and drained
- 2 cups canned artichoke hearts, drained and quartered
- 1 (12 ounce) jar roasted red peppers, drained and thinly sliced
- 1⁄2 cup black olives, pitted and sliced
- 1 cup fresh basil, parsley (or combination) or 1 cup dill, chopped (or combination)
- 1⁄2 small red onion, thinly sliced
- In a small bowl, whisk together lemon juice, olive oil, salt and pepper.
- In a large bowl, combine all other ingredients. Add dressing and toss.
- Serve chilled or at room temperature.
Bingo!!! This is utterly delicious. I just made this to take to a friend who has been very ill. I only hope there's some left for her by the time I deliver it this afternoon! The only change I made was whisking a bit of Dijon mustard into the dressing. I will post a photo later---it's such a pretty salad, and perfect for a warm-weather meal.