Prep 20 mins
Cook 0 mins
This is a great, flavorful summer salad. Gets great reviews from everyone. When we make this for picnics there is usually never any left, it goes before all the other salads do. Prep time does not include chilling time.
- 2 (13 ounce) bags cheese tortellini
- 1⁄2 lb genoa salami
- 1 green bell pepper
- 2 small bunch broccoli
- 1 (8 ounce) package cheddar cheese (I use orange cheese, makes the salad more colorful)
- 8 ounces Italian salad dressing
- garlic salt
- Cook tortellinis for minimum cook time as directed on package.
- Drain tortellinis and rinse with cold water.
- Cut broccoli into bite size pieces. I discard most of the stems.
- Put broccoli in saucepan, cover with a few inches of water, and boil for 3 to 4 minutes. Do not overcook!
- Drain broccoli and rinse with cold water.
- Cut green pepper into 1-2" pieces.
- Cut cheese into small cubes.
- Slice the salami into strips using a sharp knife.
- Put everything into a large bowl, sprinkle with some garlic salt, and toss with about half of a 16 oz bottle of salad dressing. You can use more or less depending on your tastes, but half seems to work pretty well.
- Refrigerate for a few hours before serving.