I saw this being made on Food Network. The presentation was fabulous, so I want to try this....it feeds alot but I am sure you can cut in half easy.
My Private Note
Units: US | Metric
- 2 lbs packaged tortellini
- 2 tablespoons extra virgin olive oil
- 1 1/4 cups extra virgin olive oil
- 4 cups tomatoes, freshly diced
- 4 tablespoons tarragon leaves, chopped
- 4 tablespoons basil leaves, chopped
- 2 tablespoons parsley, leaves minced
- 2 shallots, minced
- 6 tablespoons lemon juice
- 1 1/2 lbs fresh mozzarella balls, sliced 1/4 inch thick into approximately 30 slices
- 4 cups arugula
- salt & pepper
- 1Bring a large pot of salted water to a boil over high heat. Cook the tortellini according to the package instructions. When fully cooked, drain and toss with the 2 T. olive oil and allow to cool to room temperature.
- 2Meanwhile, in a nonreactive mixing bowl, combine the diced tomatoes, herbs, shallots, lemon juice, and remaining 1 1/4 cup olive oil. Mix to combine and season with salt and pepper to combine. When the tortellini have cooled to room temperature toss with the tomato vinaigrette.
- 3To serve, line the perimeter of a large serving platter with overlapping slices of fresh mozzarella. Spoon the tortellini salad in the center and scatter the arugula leaves over the top.
- 4Sprinkle with fresh shredded Parmesan on top if you like.
Browse Our Top Ravioli/Tortellini Recipes
You Might Also Like...View All Ravioli/Tortellini Recipes
Nutritional Facts for Tortellini Salad With Fresh Herb & Tomato Vinaigrette
Serving Size: 1 (190 g)
Servings Per Recipe: 15
- Amount Per Serving
- % Daily Value
- Calories 512.3
- Calories from Fat 310
- Total Fat 34.5 g
- Saturated Fat 10.9 g
- Cholesterol 61.3 mg
- Sodium 663.0 mg
- Total Carbohydrate 32.6 g
- Dietary Fiber 1.9 g
- Sugars 2.5 g
- Protein 19.0 g