Recipe by Treewoman
From "The Good Carb Cookbook." Posted for safe-keeping. Note: You can substitute 3 T grated Parmesan for the feta cheese if you prefer. Cook time includes the 2 hour refrigeration time.
- 9 ounces refrigerated cheese tortellini
- 1 1⁄2 cups small broccoli florets
- 1 1⁄2 cups sliced fresh mushrooms
- 1 1⁄2 cups chopped canned artichoke hearts, drained
- 3⁄4 cup matchstick-sized pieces red bell pepper
- 1⁄2 cup nonfat Italian dressing or 1⁄2 cup light Italian dressing or 1⁄2 cup red wine vinaigrette
- 1⁄2 teaspoon dried oregano or 1⁄2 teaspoon italian seasoning
- 1⁄3 cup crumbled fat free feta cheese or 1⁄3 cup reduced-fat feta cheese
Directions See How It's Made
- Cook the tortellini al dente according to package directions. One minute before the pasta is done, add the broccoli and mushrooms and cook for an additional minute or until the broccoli turns bright green and is crisp-tender and the pasta is al dente. Drain the pasta and vegetables, rinse with cool water, and drain again.
- Put the pasta mixture in a large bowl; add the artichoke hearts, red bell peppers, dressing, oregano, and toss to mix well. If desired, add the feta or Parmesan cheese and toss again.
- Cover the salad and refrigerate for at least 2 hours before serving.