Recipe by Battle in Seattle
I've had this from a deli case at my favorite local gourmet market. They use a nut-filled tortellini, but as that's not always available, I've substituted cheese filled. It is absolutely the best pasta salad I've ever tried.
- 18 -19 ounces cheese tortellini
- 8 ounces good quality feta cheese, cut into 1/2-inch cubes
- 1 cup pitted black olives, broken into 1/4-inch to 1/2-inch pieces
- 1⁄2 cup sliced green onion (whites & greens)
- 1 (15 ounce) can artichokes, drained & roughly chopped
- 2⁄3 cup slivered almonds, toasted
- 2 teaspoons lemon zest
- 1⁄4 cup fresh lemon juice
- 1⁄3 cup extra virgin olive oil
- 1 teaspoon sea salt
- 1⁄4 teaspoon fresh ground black pepper
- 1⁄2 teaspoon dried oregano
Directions See How It's Made
- Cook pasta according to package directions; should be firm to bite when done. Rinse with cool water when done, and drain well.
- In a bowl, whisk together lemon zest, juice, olive oil, salt, pepper and oregano. Add the rest of the ingredients, minus the almonds and toss gently.
- Add almonds and mix gently just before serving. Tastes best closer to room temperature, but still slightly chilled.