Prep 15 mins
Cook 10 mins
I've had this from a deli case at my favorite local gourmet market. They use a nut-filled tortellini, but as that's not always available, I've substituted cheese filled. It is absolutely the best pasta salad I've ever tried.
- 18 -19 ounces cheese tortellini
- 8 ounces good quality feta cheese, cut into 1/2-inch cubes
- 1 cup pitted black olives, broken into 1/4-inch to 1/2-inch pieces
- 1⁄2 cup sliced green onion (whites & greens)
- 1 (15 ounce) can artichokes, drained & roughly chopped
- 2⁄3 cup slivered almonds, toasted
- 2 teaspoons lemon zest
- 1⁄4 cup fresh lemon juice
- 1⁄3 cup extra virgin olive oil
- 1 teaspoon sea salt
- 1⁄4 teaspoon fresh ground black pepper
- 1⁄2 teaspoon dried oregano
- Cook pasta according to package directions; should be firm to bite when done. Rinse with cool water when done, and drain well.
- In a bowl, whisk together lemon zest, juice, olive oil, salt, pepper and oregano. Add the rest of the ingredients, minus the almonds and toss gently.
- Add almonds and mix gently just before serving. Tastes best closer to room temperature, but still slightly chilled.
The flavors in this are absolutely perfect! Will be making again!
This is a wonderful salad! I have made it several times over the last few weeks for confirmation, birthday and family parties. It is always a huge hit! Sioux Chef talks about it being dry, but once it is out of the refrigerator and able to come to room temp. the oil is liquid again. This is definitely a keeper! Thanks for posting Battle in Seattle!
Absolutely the best pasta salad! Awesome! I made as stated and would not change a thing. A million times better than mayo, the fresh lemon juice, olive oil, and feta combine to make a fabulous dressing. I used refrigerated fresh cheese tortellini and did not find this at all dry. Very easy to put together. A must try! Thanks for sharing the recipe! Made for PAC Fall 2007.