This recipe is off a 3x5 card from Pfaltzfraff. Posting this for ZWT. Be sure to make your dressing for this salad a day ahead so that the herbs can enhance the flavor.
- 1 lb tortellini, cooked
- 1⁄4 lb boiled ham, julienne cut
- 1⁄4 lb provolone cheese, julienne cut
- 10 pitted black olives, drained, and diced
- 1⁄2 cup roasted red pepper, drained and diced
- 1 small red onion, diced
- 1 bunch fresh parsley, chopped
- 1⁄4 cup wine vinegar
- 3⁄4 cup olive oil
- 3⁄4 teaspoon oregano
- 1⁄8 teaspoon basil
- 1⁄2 teaspoon salt
- 1⁄4 teaspoon pepper
- Make this 1 day in advance.
- Mix all ingredients together and blend well. Store in the refrigerator overnight.
- Put all Salad ingredients in a large bowl, use one cup of salad dressing and mix.
Great salad. Easy to fix. Thoroughly enjoyed. Finish it off with freshly ground black pepper and shredded Parmesan cheese! I made it the night before using only 1 cup of the dressing. Served it the next day for lunch and ended up adding the remaining dressing. Absolutely awesome.
What a great summer salad! I have made it twice and my family inhaled it. I did add a few extra veggies I had laying around( cucumber, tomato etc.) I really liked the extra crunch these gave to the salad but thats just me. This salad is a full meal with just some garlic bread sticks or rolls. Will be making again and again.
Loved every bite and so did my company!