Recipe by Dawn
This is a wonderful dish for a potluck or a picnic. The combination of tortellini, cheese, and vegetables is delicious and is a one of a kind taste.
- 1 lb tortellini cheese pasta (may be 1/2 cheese and 1/2 meat filled)
- 1 (10 ounce) package frozen peas
- 1 sweet red pepper, chopped
- 1 tablespoon olive oil
- 1 large onion, chopped
- 3 garlic cloves, minced
- 2 tablespoons tomato paste
- 1⁄2 teaspoon paprika
- 1 cup low-fat ricotta cheese
- 1⁄4 cup parmesan cheese
- 1 teaspoon salt
- 6 -8 drops red hot sauce
- 1⁄4 teaspoon basil
Directions See How It's Made
- Cook tortellini according to package directions.
- Stir in peas and red pepper during last 2 minutes of cooking.
- Drain and place in a large bowl.
- Heat oil in a pan and cook onion until soft, add garlic, and paprika.
- Scrape into a blender, add ricotta, tomato paste, Parmesan, salt, basil, and red hot pepper sauce.
- Blend until smooth.
- Stir blended mixture into pasta and pea mix.
- Serve warm or chilled.