1/3 Photos of Tortellini Rose
This takes a bit of time to make, but the end result is amazing.
My Private Note
Units: US | Metric
- 3 tablespoons olive oil
- 1 small onion, chopped
- 1 -3 clove garlic, minced
- 1 tablespoon sugar
- 2 tablespoons dry basil
- 1 teaspoon salt
- 1 (14 ounce) can tomatoes
- 1 (6 ounce) can tomato paste
- 1Marinara: In a 2-quart sauce pan, over medium heat, cook onion and garlic till tender.
- 2Stir in remaining ingredients.
- 3Heat to boiling, stir to break up tomatoes.
- 4Reduce heat, simmer with cover on for about 20 minutes.
- 5Stir occasionally.
- 6I recommend blending it with a hand blender Alfredo Sauce: In small sauce pan, over medium low heat, melt butter.
- 7Just before mixing with pasta, add cheese, stirring until it is melted.
- 8Slowly add cream, heat until thoroughly mixed.
- 9Add to pasta according to directions.
- 10Pasta: Prepare Tortellini according to package directions.
- 11In the meantime, melt butter, add onion and cook until clear.
- 12Add tomatoes and mushrooms, cook until tender.
- 13Add garlic and Marinara Sauce, heat until hot.
- 14Add Alfredo Sauce, mix well until hot.
- 15Add cooked Tortellini, mix well, and serve immediately.
- 16Serves 6 generous portions.
- 17NOTES: Marinara sauce can be prepared a day or two ahead.
- 18Garlic is the secret to this dish so use as much as you want.
- 19I usually adjust it according to who I serve it to.
- 20We love garlic so I use lots!
- 21I use a mixture of stuffed Tortellini, like Chicken, Sausage, etc.
- 22but try to stay away from cheese stuffed.
Browse Our Top Ravioli/Tortellini Recipes
Nutritional Facts for Tortellini Rose
Serving Size: 1 (306 g)
Servings Per Recipe: 4
- Amount Per Serving
- % Daily Value
- Calories 906.0
- Calories from Fat 531
- Total Fat 59.1 g
- Saturated Fat 30.9 g
- Cholesterol 159.6 mg
- Sodium 1573.1 mg
- Total Carbohydrate 79.3 g
- Dietary Fiber 7.8 g
- Sugars 16.0 g
- Protein 20.8 g
The following items or measurements are not included: