Recipe by littleturtle
Simple and substantial, a perfect choice for a casual supper. Serve with salad and crusty french bread for a complete meal.
Top Review by Clarely
I was looking for a quick recipe to fancy-up a jar of pasta sauce- this was perfect! I didn't have any cream, so used 1% milk- I'm sure it would be better with the cream, but the milk was fine too. I added about a cup of frozen spinich which I thawed and drained well too. Simple and good. Thanks!
- 16 -20 ounces cheese tortellini (using a 20 oz pkg will make it less saucy and stretch this meal to feed an extra person) or 16 -20 ounces meat-filled tortellini, cooked & drained (using a 20 oz pkg will make it less saucy and stretch this meal to feed an extra person)
- 3 ounces mushrooms, sliced (optional)
- 2 garlic cloves, minced
- 2 cups pasta sauce (Bertolli tomato & basil)
- 3⁄4 cup half-and-half
- 1⁄4 cup parmesan cheese, shaved (to garnish)
Directions See How It's Made
- If opting for mushrooms: In a saucepan, over medium heat, saute mushrooms for 3 minutes; then add garlic and saute for 2 more minutes, then add pasta sauce and cook until heated through. Otherwise: In a saucepan, over medium heat, heat tomato sauce with garlic until heated through.
- Stir in cream, and remove from heat.
- Toss pasta in sauce until evenly coated.
- Sprinkle with cheese, to garnish.