Prep 10 mins
Cook 10 mins
I'm a huge fan of spinach, not to mention pasta. This makes a spectacular dinner-all you need is salad & of course, garlic bread. It's quick, easy and minimal clean up! This comes from The Great American Favorite Brand Name Cookbook.
- 1 cup sliced mushrooms
- 1⁄2 cup chopped onion
- 1 garlic clove, pressed
- 2 tablespoons margarine
- 1 (10 ounce) package frozen spinach, thawed & drained
- 1 (8 ounce) package cream cheese
- 1 roma tomato, chopped
- 1⁄4 cup milk (or more)
- 1⁄4 cup grated parmesan cheese
- 1 teaspoon italian seasoning
- fresh basil, chopped
- salt and pepper
- 8 -9 ounces cheese-filled egg tortellini, cooked & drained
- In a large skillet, sauté mushrooms, onions and garlic in margarine.
- Add remaining ingredients except tortellini; mix well.
- Cook until mixture is heated thoroughly and cheeses are melted.
- Stir occasionally.
- Stir in tortellini & heat thoroughly.
A winner-will add 1 or 2 more tomatoes next time.
This was pretty good, went together REALLY quickly, using only a pot and a fry pan, which was nice. The few changes I made~ used butter instead of marg, used a lg can of plum tomatoes instead of the fresh roma and didn't use the milk. The plates were cleaned, so this will go into my 'quick fix' file for quick easy dinner! The other bonus, most of the ingred are easily kept in the freezer or cans.
This recipe has everything needed to be a winner: it's easy, uses "normal" ingredients, is healthy, and my toddler gobbles it up! I did omit the mushrooms (didn't have any on hand...probably because I can't stand them). Cut margarine down to 1 TBSP (since there were no mushrooms) The only change I would make would be a little more tomato and less spinach...maybe a third to half as much. This recipe really tastes fantastic and will go in our "favorites" book to be repeated many times in the future. Thanks!