Prep 30 mins
Cook 10 mins
One of my favorite pasta salads! The preparation process is made easier by the use of packaged pesto sauce. It's from a cookbook, "The Best of Company at 8", a great compilation of recipes from a local newspaper column. Sara Lawrence is the originator of the recipe. Serves 4 as a main dish and 6 as a side dish.
- 2 (9 ounce) packages cheese tortellini (or a mixture of cheese and spinach)
- 7 ounces packaged or homemade pesto sauce
- 1⁄2 cup white wine vinegar
- 1 lb asparagus, sliced on diagonal in 1 inch pieces and blanched
- 2 cups red bell peppers or 2 cups yellow bell peppers, seeded and sliced in 1 inch pieces
- 1 cup mozzarella cheese (1-inch cubed)
- 1 cup walnut pieces
- Cook tortellini until al dente; then rinse with cold water and drain.
- Combine the pesto and vinegar, and toss with all other ingredients, including the tortellini.
- Chill the salad for a few hours until cool; serve and enjoy.