Prep 20 mins
Cook 15 mins
I got this recipe from a chef, he was reluctant to part with it, but I was persistant! This salad is great for a potluck or banquet. It makes a lot and is filling. I don't recommend using meat filled pasta as it alters the taste. I use "lots" more dill for flavour - be sure the dill is very fresh so the flavour is more intense.
- 1 (700 g) packagerainbow cheese tortellini
- 2 carrots, chopped small
- 3 stalks celery, chopped fine
- 1⁄2 cup green olives, sliced
- 4 -5 sliced radishes (optional)
- 1 cup tiny cauliflower floret (optional)
- 1 tablespoon minced garlic, I prefer a bit more if it's fresh
- 2 tablespoons Dijon mustard
- 1⁄2 cup white vinegar
- 1 teaspoon dried dill weed (add more if desired)
- 1⁄2 cup salad oil
- 1 cup mayonnaise or 1 cup Miracle Whip
- Cook pasta according to package directions, drain and cool.
- Place cooled pasta, olives and vegetables into a salad bowl and toss gently.
- Dressing: Combine first 4 ingredients, gradually whisk in oil, then mayonnaise.
- Pour dressing over pasta and vegetables, stir gently.
- Refrigerate overnight, stir occasionally to allow pasta to absorb dressing.
- Serve with garnishes of fresh parsley.