Prep 20 mins
Cook 50 mins
Recipe adapted from Light & Tasty to use lean ground turkey instead of turkey sausage. I haven't tried it yet, but it sounds like a good autumn recipe.
- 1 1⁄4 lbs lean ground turkey
- 1 -2 teaspoon italian seasoning
- salt & pepper
- 1 large onion, chopped
- 2 -3 garlic cloves, minced
- 6 1⁄2 cups reduced-sodium beef broth
- 1 (14 1/2 ounce) can diced tomatoes, undrained
- 2 cups thinly sliced carrots
- 1 cup thinly sliced celery
- 1 cup ketchup
- 1 teaspoon italian seasoning
- 2 cups sliced zucchini
- 1 medium green pepper, chopped
- 2 cups frozen cheese tortellini
- 1⁄4 cup minced fresh parsley
- 2 tablespoons grated parmesan cheese
- Cook turkey with 1-2 tsp Italian seasoning, salt & pepper, onion, and garlic, breaking up turkey as it cooks, until turkey is no longer pink. Drain any excess fat.
- Add broth, tomatoes, carrots, celery, ketchup, and 1 tsp Italian seasoning. Bring to a boil. Reduce heat and simmer, uncovered, for 20-25 minutes or until veggies are tender.
- Add zucchini and peppers; cook an additional 5-7 minutes or until tender.
- Stir in tortellini and parsley. Bring to a boil; reduce heat to medium and cook, uncovered, for 5 minutes or until tortellini is tender.
- Serve sprinkled with Parmesan cheese.
This is a very good Minestrone Soup. Loaded with vegetables, just the way I like it. I didn't change a thing and it was perfectly seasoned. :)