1/1 Photo of Tortellini Minestrone
1 hr 10 mins
Halcyon Eve's Note:
Recipe adapted from Light & Tasty to use lean ground turkey instead of turkey sausage. I haven't tried it yet, but it sounds like a good autumn recipe.
My Private Note
Units: US | Metric
- 1 1/4 lbs lean ground turkey
- 1 -2 teaspoon italian seasoning
- salt & pepper
- 1 large onion, chopped
- 2 -3 garlic cloves, minced
- 6 1/2 cups reduced-sodium beef broth
- 1 (14 1/2 ounce) can diced tomatoes, undrained
- 2 cups thinly sliced carrots
- 1 cup thinly sliced celery
- 1 cup ketchup
- 1 teaspoon italian seasoning
- 2 cups sliced zucchini
- 1 medium green pepper, chopped
- 2 cups frozen cheese tortellini
- 1/4 cup minced fresh parsley
- 2 tablespoons grated parmesan cheese
- 1Cook turkey with 1-2 tsp Italian seasoning, salt & pepper, onion, and garlic, breaking up turkey as it cooks, until turkey is no longer pink. Drain any excess fat.
- 2Add broth, tomatoes, carrots, celery, ketchup, and 1 tsp Italian seasoning. Bring to a boil. Reduce heat and simmer, uncovered, for 20-25 minutes or until veggies are tender.
- 3Add zucchini and peppers; cook an additional 5-7 minutes or until tender.
- 4Stir in tortellini and parsley. Bring to a boil; reduce heat to medium and cook, uncovered, for 5 minutes or until tortellini is tender.
- 5Serve sprinkled with Parmesan cheese.
Browse Our Top Ravioli/Tortellini Recipes
Nutritional Facts for Tortellini Minestrone
Serving Size: 1 (259 g)
Servings Per Recipe: 9
- Amount Per Serving
- % Daily Value
- Calories 237.3
- Calories from Fat 68
- Total Fat 7.6 g
- Saturated Fat 2.5 g
- Cholesterol 60.8 mg
- Sodium 585.5 mg
- Total Carbohydrate 27.1 g
- Dietary Fiber 2.8 g
- Sugars 10.8 g
- Protein 16.4 g
The following items or measurements are not included:
reduced-sodium beef broth