Prep 20 mins
Cook 20 mins
- 2 tablespoons vegetable oil
- 2 (14 1/2 fluid ounce) cans chicken broth
- 1 (9 ounce) packagerefrigerated cheese-filled egg tortellini
- 1⁄4 teaspoon black pepper
- shredded asiago cheese or parmesan cheese
- 1 small zucchini, thinly sliced
- 1 small yellow squash, thinly sliced
- 1 medium green bell pepper, chopped
- 1⁄2 cup chopped onion
- 2 cloves garlic, minced
- 1 (14 1/2 fluid ounce) can diced tomatoes
- In large saucepan, heat vegetable oil until hot over medium high heat.
- Saute zucchini, squash, bell pepper, onion and garlic until slightly tender.
- Increase to high heat, add tomatoes, chicken broth, tortellini, and black pepper, bring to a boil, reduce heat, cover tightly and simmer 10 minutes.
- Ladle soup into bowls and garnish with shredded Asiago or Parmesan cheese, if desired.
This has a lot of flavor. It was great served with some homemade bread. I didn't have all the veggies specified, so I substituted based on what was in the fridge... I had several different kinds of peppers and added some carrots. Thanks!