Recipe by Kater
I got this recipe from a friend after enjoying this delicious salad at her home. I usually don't care for spinach but ate three helpings of this salad it was so good! The dressing is to die for! You could also make this with other types of pasta. As with any recipe, feel free to add more or less of the salad ingredients, according to your preferences.
- 8 ounces cheese-filled tortellini, cooked according to directions & cooled
- 8 ounces grilled chicken, cooled & cubed
- 1 (14 ounce) canquartered marinated artichoke hearts
- 3 -4 ounces fresh spinach, torn into pieces
- 1⁄2 cup sun-dried tomato packed in oil, chopped
- 4 -6 ounces feta cheese
- 1⁄4 red onion, thinly sliced
- 2 garlic cloves
- 2 teaspoons dried oregano
- 2 tablespoons tomato paste
- 3⁄4 cup balsamic vinegar
- 1 cup olive oil
- salt & pepper, to taste
Directions See How It's Made
- In serving bowl, combine pasta, chicken, artichokes, spinach, tomatoes, feta and onions.
- To make vinaigrette, puree the garlic, oregano, tomato paste, vinegar and salt & pepper in a food processor or blender.
- While processing, drizzle in olive oil to make a smooth emulsion.
- Toss enough dressing with salad to coat and stir to combine.
- May serve immediately or refrigerate.