Made This Recipe? Add Your Photo
Prep 10 mins
Cook 10 mins
I got this recipe from a friend after enjoying this delicious salad at her home. I usually don't care for spinach but ate three helpings of this salad it was so good! The dressing is to die for! You could also make this with other types of pasta. As with any recipe, feel free to add more or less of the salad ingredients, according to your preferences.
- 8 ounces cheese-filled tortellini, cooked according to directions & cooled
- 8 ounces grilled chicken, cooled & cubed
- 1 (14 ounce) canquartered marinated artichoke hearts
- 3 -4 ounces fresh spinach, torn into pieces
- 1⁄2 cup sun-dried tomato packed in oil, chopped
- 4 -6 ounces feta cheese
- 1⁄4 red onion, thinly sliced
- 2 garlic cloves
- 2 teaspoons dried oregano
- 2 tablespoons tomato paste
- 3⁄4 cup balsamic vinegar
- 1 cup olive oil
- salt & pepper, to taste
- In serving bowl, combine pasta, chicken, artichokes, spinach, tomatoes, feta and onions.
- To make vinaigrette, puree the garlic, oregano, tomato paste, vinegar and salt & pepper in a food processor or blender.
- While processing, drizzle in olive oil to make a smooth emulsion.
- Toss enough dressing with salad to coat and stir to combine.
- May serve immediately or refrigerate.
Great salad, quick and easy and great use of left over grilled chicken.
Excellent dish- perfect for a luncheon or cold dinner. I made this for a group of 8 women and they all asked for the recipe. It was so easy to make too. Warning- the recipe does make a lot of the dressing. I decided to use some of the dressing to marinate the chicken in (I used chicken tenderloins because they grill up easier and are more moist.) I made the whole recipe the day before- grilled the chicken, boiled the pasta and diced everything up. I then layered everything but the spinach, feta and dressing in a large bowl and covered it. Refrigerated it overnight and 5 mins before the party I tossed in the spinach and dressing. SO easy! I put the feta and some olives on the side as toppings for those who wanted it. What a great recipe. So full of flavor and easy to make.
Delicious. It was good the first day, but even better the next when the flavors had time to meld. Made as directed, but added pine nuts. Can easily cut the dressing in half.