Recipe by southern chef in louisiana
This is for mushroom lovers--a light soup good for meal or starter on a chilly night by the fire.
Top Review by Kozmic Blues
This was a very good dish. I used some vegetarian mushroom broth that I had on hand instead of the chicken. I did add a bit more sherry than directed, just to suit my family's taste. I used 1/4 cup of dried chanterelles, but think when I try this again, I will use fresh instead. Thanks for a nice dish!
- 12 ounces fresh spinach and ricotta tortellini
- 5 cups chicken broth
- 5 tablespoons dry sherry
- 1 3⁄4 cups fresh chanterelle mushrooms or 1⁄4 cup dried chanterelle mushroom
- chopped fresh parsley (, for garnish)
Directions See How It's Made
- Cook the tortellini according to the package directions.
- Bring the chicken broth to a boil, add the sherry and mushrooms and simmer for 10 minutes.
- Strain the tortellini; add to the stock. Ladle into 4 warm soup bowls and garnish with fresh chopped parsley.