Prep 5 mins
Cook 47 mins
This recipe is from a magazine. I love it, because it is a dump recipe, very easy.
Make and share this Tortellini Casserole recipe from Food.com.
- Heat oven to 375 degrees.
- In medium bowl, stir together Alfredo sauce, 2 cups of water and pepper.
- Pour 1 cup sauce mixture into bottom of 2 1/2-quart casserole.
- Arrange half the tortellini (uncooked) in a single layer over sauce.
- Sprinkle with broccoli.
- Pour 1 1/2 cups sauce over top.
- Repeat layering remaining tortellini and remaining sauce.
- Cover with foil.
- Bake for 45 minutes.
- Remove from oven.
- Heat broiler.
- In small bowl, stir together bread crumbs and olive oil until evenly coated. Sprinkle crumbs on top.
- Place casserole under broiler about 4 inches from heat until crumbs are golden, 1 to 2 minutes. Let stand 10 minutes before serving.
Easy, beautiful, and really really yummy. I used beef/pork tortellini and added granulated garlic to Italian style breadcrumbs. Although I doubled the recipe, I did not double the amount of water.
Great recipe! I like that it is one-pan easy AND delicious! I loved the olive oil and breadcrumb topping but you have to watch it - it gets brown quickly! I used frozen broccoli because it's what I had on hand but I'd like to try it with fresh. Thanks for posting a yummy recipe!
Yum! This is so simple and so good. I used fresh broccoli only because I didn't have any frozen on hand. The breadcrumb topping really adds a very nice crunch to this great casserole. Thanks Calamity Jane for a recipe that I will repeat often. Made for PAC Spring 2008.