Recipe by CIndytc
I made this for Christmas Eve. I got the recipe out of Southern Living December 2011 magazine!
- 1 (9 ounce) cheese filled tortellini
- 3 cups grape tomatoes, halved
- mozzarella cheese, balls fresh and small
- 60 (6 inch) wooden skewers
- basil vinaigrette
- 1⁄2 cup white balsamic vinegar
- 1 teaspoon salt
- 2⁄3 cup extra virgin olive oil
- 6 tablespoons fresh basil, chopped
Directions See How It's Made
- Prepare tortellini according to package directions. Rinse under cold water.
- Thread 1 tomato half, I cheese all, another tomato half, and 1 tortellini onto each skewer. Place skewers in a 13 X 9 inch baking dish.
- Whisk together vinegar and salt. Gradually add oil in a slow, steady stream, whisking constantly until smooth. Stir in basil and ground pepper to taste.
- Pour vinaigrette over skewers, turning to coat.
- Cover and chill 2 hours.
- Transfer skewers to a serving platter, sprinkle with salt and pepper to taste.
- Discard any remaining vinaigrette.