Prep 20 mins
Cook 1 hr
This is the best tasting Italian Style Pasta salad I have ever eaten. I received this recipe from a caterer at our church Cyndy Totten, who gave me permission to post her recipes. Cooking time is cooling time in the refrigerator.
Salad Pastas and Vegetables
- 8 ounces cooked multi-colored cheese tortellini
- 2 cups dry bow tie pasta, which has been cooked
- 1 cup sliced black olives
- 1 cup chopped pepperoni or 1 cup salami
- 1 cup crumbled feta cheese
- 1 cup shredded cheddar cheese
- 1⁄2 cup chopped green pepper
- 1 cup chopped fresh tomato
Dressing and Spices
- 2 cups your favorite Italian dressing
- 2 tablespoons your favorite salad seasoning (I use Salad Supreme Seasoning)
- Drain the precooked Tortellini and Bow Tie Pasta in a large colander.
- Rinse both pastas under cold water until completely cooled.
- Drain completely and set aside.
- In a large salad bowl, toss together the Salad Pastas and Vegetables.
- Add the Dressing and Spices and toss everything well.
- Refrigerate until time to serve.
- This salad develops more flavor the longer it refrigerates so it can be made the night before if desired.
- Lightly toss just prior to serving.
This reminds me of the salad I sometimes get at the deli in Ingles. I left out the salami to make it vegetarian. I used Italian seasoning, and I used tri-colored shell macaroni. I did add some celery and extra black olives. Thanks! Made for Pick a Chef(PAC) 2011.
This is delicious. Just made up a batch for a pool party and I used penne since that's what I had in the house. I also mixed up a bottle of Good Seasons Italian dressing and used that and I added just a bit of red onion. I used the feta with basil and tomato. I did use the salad supreme as well. Easy and will make again. Lots of possibilities with this one.
Yummy! I didn't add the green pepper (personal taste), I used low fat salami, and did not add cheddar cheese. I also used canned diced tomato rinsed. Oh, I also added 1/2cup each, frozed peas and corn (just for color). It turned out great! Second servings all around :)