Recipe by Chef 'Diva Divine
Got this from Mother -in-law, who clipped it out of a publix Apron's simple meals...haven't tried yet but I love about any bolognese dish.....just love anything Italian really. :)
- 1 tablespoon garlic butter
- 10 ounces stir fry vegetables (onions,celery,bell peppers)
- 3 teaspoons garlic (minced)
- 1 lb extra lean ground beef
- 1⁄2 lb low-fat sausage
- 1⁄2 cup red wine
- 24 ounces marinara sauce
- 2 teaspoons italian seasoning
- 1⁄2 teaspoon salt
- 1⁄4 teaspoon pepper
- 1⁄4 teaspoon nutmeg (ground)
- 19 ounces frozen cheese tortellini
Directions See How It's Made
- Preheat large pan on medium-high 2-3 minutes. Place garlic butter in pan; swirl to coat. Add veggies and garlic; cover & cook 2-3 minutes, stirring often, or until vegetables begin to soften.
- Add meat blend into vegetable blend. Cover & cook 5-7 minutes, stirring often, drain when meat is done and NO longer pink.
- Stir in remaining ingredients (except tortellini); cover and reduce heat to low. Cook 2-3 minutes, stirring occassionally, or until thorooughly heated.
- Combine in microwave safe bowl, tortellini, & 1/2 of the sauce (reserve or freezefor later use). Cover and microwave on high 6-7 minutes or until pasta is tender.
- Stir and serve.