Recipe by Lynsey Beth
This is a great soup that you can throw together on a night when you don't really feel like cooking. You can leave out the tomatoes if you want and you can also substitute the fresh basil for a little bit of dried basil to taste. I imagine you could add some cooked chicken too if you wanted. Don't put the cheese on top until right before you eat it otherwise the cheese will get soggy. I hope you enjoy this and let me know what you think!
Top Review by helowy
A friend gave me almost an identical recipe--except I used a whole can of diced tomatoes w/ italian seasonings (undrained) and only 1/2 tsp of pepper and no salt. Sooooo good! And so fast! A definite keeper!
- 946.36 ml chicken broth
- 255.14 g package cheese tortellini
- 425.24 g can cannellini beans, drained
- 236.59 ml chopped tomato
- 118.29 ml shredded fresh basil
- 29.58 ml balsamic vinegar
- 1.23 ml salt
- 78.07 ml fresh parmesan cheese
- 7.39 ml pepper
Directions See How It's Made
- Bring broth to a boil.
- Add tortellini.
- Cook 6 minutes or until tender.
- Stir in beans and tomatoes.
- Reduce heat and simmer 5 minutes or until thoroughly heated.
- Remove from heat.
- Stir in basil, vinegar, and salt.
- Immediately before serving, sprinkle with cheese and pepper.