Recipe by Lynsey Beth
This is a great soup that you can throw together on a night when you don't really feel like cooking. You can leave out the tomatoes if you want and you can also substitute the fresh basil for a little bit of dried basil to taste. I imagine you could add some cooked chicken too if you wanted. Don't put the cheese on top until right before you eat it otherwise the cheese will get soggy. I hope you enjoy this and let me know what you think!
Top Review by helowy
A friend gave me almost an identical recipe--except I used a whole can of diced tomatoes w/ italian seasonings (undrained) and only 1/2 tsp of pepper and no salt. Sooooo good! And so fast! A definite keeper!
- 4 cups chicken broth
- 1 (9 ounce) package cheese tortellini
- 1 (15 ounce) can cannellini beans, drained
- 1 cup chopped tomato
- 1⁄2 cup shredded fresh basil
- 2 tablespoons balsamic vinegar
- 1⁄4 teaspoon salt
- 1⁄3 cup fresh parmesan cheese
- 1 1⁄2 teaspoons pepper
Directions See How It's Made
- Bring broth to a boil.
- Add tortellini.
- Cook 6 minutes or until tender.
- Stir in beans and tomatoes.
- Reduce heat and simmer 5 minutes or until thoroughly heated.
- Remove from heat.
- Stir in basil, vinegar, and salt.
- Immediately before serving, sprinkle with cheese and pepper.