Recipe by yooper
I made these for my annual Academy Awards party last year! They were a hit! A bit tedious and time consuming, but you make them the day before you serve. Not exactly sure on the actual servings, but 48 kebabs sounds about right.
Top Review by Cindy D
When I read this recipe, I loved the idea of it. The flavor is great and the combination of ingredients is really good. I did have difficulty with the tortellini coming off the toothpicks. It wasn't overcooked however I didn't have the toothpicks with the handles; just long ones. Maybe that was part of the problem. I served them for a party and they were a hit. I'll do them again. Thanks for the great idea!
- 1 package frozen cheese tortellini
- 1 package sliced pepperoni
- 1 jar black olives
- 1 jar pitted green olives
- 1 (8 ounce) package cheese (of your choice, I use the white pepperjack for a bit of heat)
- 1 bottle Italian dressing
- 1 box toothpick (the kind with the handles)
Directions See How It's Made
- Prepare frozen tortellini according to package directions.
- Drain and cool.
- Get out a plastic bowl to store the kebabs.
- Cut your block of cheese into small cubes.
- On each toothpick, place 1 tortellini, 1 black olive, 1 block of cheese, 1 slice of pepperoni (may cut in half or fold if too large), and 1 green olive.
- You can vary the order in which you place the ingredients.
- Place all of the toothpicks in the container and pour the Italian dressing over all.
- Cover and refrigerate overnight to marinate.
- When ready to serve, take them out of the container and lay them on a pretty lettuce lined platter.