Recipe by Pinaygourmet #345142
Delicious, easy and loaded with wonderful cheese. Serve with crusty rolls.
- 2 medium potatoes
- 1 lb frozen mixed vegetables
- 1 lb cheese tortellini
- 1⁄4 cup margarine
- 1⁄4 cup all-purpose flour
- 2 cups milk
- 1⁄2 teaspoon salt
- 796 ml canned tomatoes, drained and pureed
- 500 ml lowfat mozzarella cheese, grated
- 50 ml parmesan cheese
Directions See How It's Made
- Preheat oven to 350°F
- Peel potatoes and cut into 2.5 cm (1 inch) cubes.
- Place in a large pot of boiling water and cook for 5 minutes.
- Add tortellini and cook 5 minutes more.
- Add vegetables and cook for 5 minutes more.
- Meanwhile, heat margarine in pan until melted.
- Stir in flour, salt, pepper, basil and oregano.
- Slowly add milk and cook until thickened.
- Layer 1/2 tortellini mixture, white sauce, mozzarella cheese and tomatoes in large casserole dish.
- Repeat layers and top with Parmesan cheese.
- Heat in 350°F oven for about 30 minutes or until bubbling.