Prep 10 mins
Cook 20 mins
This recipe comes from the Food section of the October 29,2008 Houston Chronicle. It's very quick and easy to make and tastes great! For a heartier soup you may add a 28 oz, can of petite diced tomatoes and/or a 15 1/2 oz. can of cannellini beans, drained and rinsed. You might also add 1 medium onion, finely chopped- cook it with the garlic until translucent.Serve with a crusty garlic bread and some cold white wine for a great dinner that comes together easily.Recipe can easily be doubled,tripled....so on.
- 1 tablespoon olive oil
- 3 garlic cloves, minced
- 1⁄2 cup white wine or 1⁄2 cup dry vermouth
- 1 quart low sodium chicken broth
- 1 (9 ounce) package chicken and prosciutto stuffed tortellini (or tortellini of your choice)
- 1 bunch Baby Spinach
- fresh ground black pepper
- 1 tablespoon dried parsley
- 1⁄2 teaspoon dried oregano
- 1⁄2 teaspoon dried basil
- 1⁄2 teaspoon dried rosemary, finely crushed
- 1⁄4 cup freshly grated parmesan cheese
- Heat oil in a large saucepan over medium low heat.
- Add garlic: cook until just golden, 1 to 2 minutes.
- Pour in wine;heat to a boil.
- Cook until wine is slightly syrupy, about 6 minutes.
- Stir in broth;heat to a boil.
- Add tortellini;cook according to manufacturer's directions.
- About 2 minutes before the pasta is done, stir in spinach; cook until spinach wilts slightly. Season with pepper to taste.
- Ladle into bowls: sprinkle with Parmesan and serve.