This recipe comes from a bhg.com email.
My Private Note
Units: US | Metric
- 10 ounces dried cheese-filled tortellini (2-1/2 cups) or 10 ounces two 9-ounce packages refrigerated tortellini
- 1 medium carrot, thinly sliced
- 1 1/2 cups sugar snap peas, halved crosswise
- 1 tablespoon margarine or 1 tablespoon butter
- 1 lb boneless chicken breast, skinless, cut into bite-size pieces
- 1 cup sliced fresh mushrooms
- 1/3 cup chicken broth
- 2 tablespoons snipped fresh oregano or 1 1/2 teaspoons dried oregano, crushed
- 2 teaspoons all-purpose flour
- 3/4 teaspoon garlic salt
- 1/2 teaspoon pepper
- 1 cup milk
- 1 (8 ounce) package cream cheese (Neufchatel) or 1 (8 ounce) package light cream cheese, cubed and softened (Neufchatel)
- 1 tablespoon lemon juice
- 1 cup quartered cherry tomatoes
- 1 green sweet pepper, coarsely chopped (or red)
- 2 tablespoons grated parmesan cheese
- 1Cook tortellini in boiling salted water according to package directions, adding the carrot during the last 5 minutes of cooking and the sugar snap peas during the last 1 minute of cooking; drain.
- 2Meanwhile, heat margarine or butter in a 12-inch skillet. Add chicken and mushrooms, and cook about 5 minutes or until chicken is no longer pink. Remove from skillet.
- 3Shake together chicken broth, oregano, flour, garlic salt, and pepper in a screw-top jar until smooth. Add to skillet along with milk. Cook and stir until thickened and bubbly; add cream cheese. Cook and stir until cream cheese is smooth. Remove from heat. Stir in lemon juice. Add pasta mixture, chicken mixture, tomatoes, and sweet pepper. Toss to coat. Turn into an ungreased 13x9x2-inch baking dish or shallow 3-quart casserole.
- 4Bake, covered, in a 350 degrees F oven for 30 to 35 minutes or until heated through. Stir mixture and sprinkle with Parmesan cheese. Transport in an insulated carrier.
Browse Our Top One-Dish Meal Recipes
Nutritional Facts for Tortellini and Garden Vegetable Bake
Serving Size: 1 (160 g)
Servings Per Recipe: 12
- Amount Per Serving
- % Daily Value
- Calories 244.6
- Calories from Fat 124
- Total Fat 13.7 g
- Saturated Fat 6.3 g
- Cholesterol 58.5 mg
- Sodium 289.7 mg
- Total Carbohydrate 16.4 g
- Dietary Fiber 1.5 g
- Sugars 2.0 g
- Protein 14.1 g