Prep 5 mins
Cook 20 mins
Received this in an email; recipe is submitted by Better Homes and Gardens. Looks very easy and quick...
- 9 ounces package refrigerated cheese tortellini
- 1 cup frozen peas, corn or 1 cup pea pods
- 1 (8 ounce) containercream cheese spread with garden vegetables or 1 (8 ounce) containerchive and onions
- 1⁄2 cup milk
- 9 ounces package frozen chopped cooked chicken breasts
- In a large saucepan cook tortellini according to package directions. Place frozen vegetable in colander. Drain the hot pasta over vegetables to thaw; return pasta-vegetable mixture to pan.
- Meanwhile, in a small saucepan combine cream cheese and milk; heat and stir until cheese is melted. Heat chicken according to package directions.
- Stir cheese sauce into cooked pasta-vegetable mixture. Cook and gently stir until heated through. Spoon into individual serving bowls. Top with chicken.
Five stars for ease of prep! This is a nice creamy pasta dish, that went together super quick and easy. Made ours with a mix of both spinach and regular cheese tortellini, along with leftover balsamic chicken tenders and sugar snap peas (from last nights dinner), and sprinkled with sliced green onions over the top. Thought it would be nice with a little salt & pepper or maybe some lemon thyme added, may try that next time. We enjoyed with a glass of chilled chardonnay. Thanks AZ!