I had this dish at a restaurant and my husband insisted that I figure out how to make it, so here is my rendition. My husband says it tastes the same and it is his favorite dinner that I make. Hope you enjoy it as much as we do!
- 20 ounces cheese-filled tortellini
- 1 lb asparagus
- 1⁄2 lb crisped crumbled cooked bacon
- 1 cup julienned ham
For the Garlic Cream Sauce
- 1 tablespoon olive oil
- 1 tablespoon butter
- 1⁄2 white onion, minced
- 4 -5 garlic cloves
- 1 tablespoon flour
- 1 cup half-and-half
- 3⁄4 cup chicken broth
- 1 teaspoon dried parsley
- salt and pepper
- Heat oil and melt butter over medium high heat.
- Add the onion and garlic and cook until onions are translucent.
- Add the flour to make a rue, cook for about 2 minutes.
- Add the half-and-half, chicken broth, parsley, salt, and pepper. Simmer until sauce thickens to desired consistency.
- Cook tortellini according to package directions.
- Cut asparagus into 2 inch pieces and steam.
- Combine cream sauce, ham, bacon, asparagus, and tortellini. Serve immediately.