1/1 Photo of Tortellini and Asparagus in Garlic Cream Sauce
I had this dish at a restaurant and my husband insisted that I figure out how to make it, so here is my rendition. My husband says it tastes the same and it is his favorite dinner that I make. Hope you enjoy it as much as we do!
My Private Note
Units: US | Metric
- 20 ounces cheese-filled tortellini
- 1 lb asparagus
- 1/2 lb crisped crumbled cooked bacon
- 1 cup julienned ham
For the Garlic Cream Sauce
- 1Heat oil and melt butter over medium high heat.
- 2Add the onion and garlic and cook until onions are translucent.
- 3Add the flour to make a rue, cook for about 2 minutes.
- 4Add the half-and-half, chicken broth, parsley, salt, and pepper. Simmer until sauce thickens to desired consistency.
- 5Cook tortellini according to package directions.
- 6Cut asparagus into 2 inch pieces and steam.
- 7Combine cream sauce, ham, bacon, asparagus, and tortellini. Serve immediately.
Browse Our Top One-Dish Meal Recipes
You Might Also Like...View All One-Dish Meal Recipes
Nutritional Facts for Tortellini and Asparagus in Garlic Cream Sauce
Serving Size: 1 (319 g)
Servings Per Recipe: 6
- Amount Per Serving
- % Daily Value
- Calories 651.3
- Calories from Fat 298
- Total Fat 33.1 g
- Saturated Fat 13.5 g
- Cholesterol 113.4 mg
- Sodium 1947.5 mg
- Total Carbohydrate 52.4 g
- Dietary Fiber 3.5 g
- Sugars 2.4 g
- Protein 36.0 g