Made This Recipe? Add Your Photo
This is a fun pasta dish using my recipe for All-Purpose Alfredo Sauce-#98926 as the base. You can easily substitute your favorite jarred alfredo suace if you are pressed for time
- 1 lb cheese tortellini
- 1 (12 ounce) jar roasted red peppers, sliced into strips
- 1 (10 ounce) package frozen baby peas, defrosted
- 2 cups alfredo sauce (I use Nutcracker Sweet Pie (recipe below))
- 5 tablespoons unsalted butter
- 2 cups heavy cream
- 2 cups vegetable stock
- 3 tablespoons minced garlic
- 1 tablespoon cornstarch, mixed with
- 2 tablespoons water
- 3⁄4 cup freshly grated parmesan cheese
- 1 tablespoon minced fresh parsley
- salt & freshly ground black pepper, to taste
- In a large saucepan, melt the butter and add the minced garlic.
- Sauté until golden brown.
- Next add the vegetable stock followed by the heavy cream.
- Reduce liquid for six or seven minutes.
- Next add the cornstarch and water mixture.
- Keep stirring sauce over medium heat until it begins to thicken slightly.
- Sauce won’t be too thick, but will coat the back of a spoon.
- Next add the Parmesan cheese, parsley, and the salt and pepper to taste.
- Add red pepper strips, and peas to the warmed sauce.
- Boil tortellini according to package directions.
- Drain, and toss with sauce, peppers and peas,.
- I like to cook pasta in sauce over the heat for 1-2 minutes and then serve.